Re: [DRAFT] Heartbeat poll - update 6 - on to implementation

Jonas Sicking wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 2:31 PM, Sam Ruby<rubys@intertwingly.net> wrote:
>>> Or is the answer something altogether different given that this is
>>> just a poll and not a formal vote?
>> We are at the point where I am simply going to make an informed decision and
>> proceed based on the results of this poll.  That decision will not be
>> binding on any future decision.  For example, no matter what the outcome, it
>> does not mean that summary couldn't become either fully conforming or fully
>> non-conforming in subsequent Working Drafts.
>
> Oh, I just realized that one option is to simply publish Manu's draft
> in order to fulfill the heartbeat requirement, but then continue
> business as usual with Ian's document published as editors drafts. At
> the time of the next heartbeat (or anytime before that) we'll decide
> again which document to publish.

That certainly is an option.  But at the present time, Maciej objects to
that option, so we will have a poll.

Either way, both Ian and Manu and others are welcome (and even
encouraged) to continue to develop and publish editors drafts.

- Sam Ruby