RE: HTML5-warnings - request to publish as next heartbeat WD

Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

> If we indeed have a draft, then I'd like to have the option to vote
> yes or no on either draft independently, instead of either-or. For
> example, some people may wish to vote for both, and I would like to
> have that opportunity, though I would probably only exercise it if
> Manu's draft is changed. Sam's call for multiple drafts was based on
> the premise that they would be published independently, not that we'd
> have either-or votes.

I agree.  At this time there is no harm in having 2 efforts being
recognized as serious proposals, and in fact that may be a good thing.
"Say that you can do X, Y or Z" instead of "Don't do X"...

> If you limit your list to open issues that have been unresolved for at
> least 6 months without meaningful progress (with reference to an issue
> tracker issue, or a mailing list post, dating back at least 6 months)
> and if you remove the other (seemingly unintended) technical
> differences from Ian's draft (such as adding back the Database
> section), then I will support publication of your draft in addition to
> Ian's.

+1   Sharing the load is a Good Thing (tm)

JF