RE: HTML5-warnings - request to publish as next heartbeat WD

Ian Hickson wrote:

> If the idea is to mark up all the issues where someone disagrees, then
> there are a number of other sections we should mark, in addition to all
> those that have XXX markers in the source already, those that have bugs
> filed, and those for which outstanding e-mail feedback is pending:
>
>  - The allowance of /> syntax on certain tags, e.g. <br/>, in the
>    text/html syntax

<snip>

> The list could probably go on for a long time.

Thanks for this useful list of outstanding issues Ian. I too appreciate
that there are likely many other issues unresolved, but this appears to be
a good high-level start.

I am curious, has WHAT WG reached out to relevant Working Groups within
and/or external to W3C seeking assistance in resolving any of these areas?
Handing off contentious issues to a group to work on seems an efficient
process for moving forward, especially with deadlines fast approaching; it
would seem that "...600 outstanding e-mails" [1] is a heavy burden for any
one person to have to carry alone, especially given the gravidity of some
of these outstanding issues.

JF

[1 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Aug/0417.html ]