Re: summary attribute compromise proposal

On Aug 4, 2009, at 2:26 PM, Julian Reschke wrote:

> Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
>> I believe existing AT will read the caption, text next to the
>> table, or text associated via aria-describedby.
>
> Even if it's set to hidden via CSS?

It's my understanding that, yes, there are ways to hide content via
CSS which will result in it still being presented by screen readers. I
don't know which exact techniques work and which don't. I will do some
experiments based on advice from colleagues.

Regards,
Maciej