Re: Breaking Dependencies - @summary (FW: Call for Review: German WCAG 2.0 Candidate Authorized Translation)

On Tuesday 2009-08-04 07:57 -0700, John Foliot wrote:
> The WAI documents are now available in multiple languages - furthering the
> outreach and guidance that WAI provides.  Having the HTML WD contradict
> WAI means that it is contradicting not only the English version, but the

I'd like to further understand the definition of contradict here:

  (1) Does HTML5 contradict WCAG if it removes a feature whose use
  is recommended or required by WCAG?  (I'm pretty sure the answer
  to this one is yes.)

  (2) Does HTML5 contradict WCAG if it improves a feature whose use
  is recommended or required by WCAG, and the improvement makes what
  is required / recommended by WCAG no longer conforming?

  (3) Does HTML5 contradict WCAG if it improves a feature whose use
  is recommended or required by WCAG, but the improvement leaves
  what is required / recommended by WCAG as conforming?

  (4) Does HTML5 contradict WCAG if it adds a new accessibility
  feature whose use is not recommended or required by WCAG?

-David