RE: [DRAFT] Heartbeat poll - update 2

On Tue, 4 Aug 2009, John Foliot wrote:
> Ian Hickson
> >
> > I think I may be starting to understand your position.
> >
> > Are you saying that for you, it is more important that HTML5 not
> > contradict other W3C specifications, than it be that HTML5 address
> > accessibility problems with the HTML language?
>
> In a nutshell:  HTML WG's "job" is to write a technical spec.  WAI's
> "job" is to provide authoring guidance regarding accessibility issues.
> [...] You needs to stop contradicting WAI, even if you have proof that
> WAI might need to update their guidance [...]

So yes? For you, it is more important that HTML5 not contradict other W3C
documents, than for HTML5 to address accessibility problems with HTML?

> If the WAI documents need to be re-examined, then there is a process to
> do that [1] and I have further offered to provide whatever assistance I
> can to ensure that these proposals get a timely hearing.
>
> [1] "Techniques for WCAG 2.0 submission form: This form provides a
> mechanism for those interested in submitting techniques to submit content
> for consideration in Techniques for WCAG 2.0."
> http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/TECHS-SUBMIT/

I've sent feedback to the PFWG; I was told that my feedback wasn't formal
enough and that I would not get a reply:

   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Jul/0260.html
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Jul/0262.html
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Jul/0270.html

The form you cite above would requite substantial effort to fill out, and
since my editorial style is rather different than the WAI's, it is likely
that the WAI group would be better off writing relevant text themselves,
as it would then fit the WAI documents better.