From: public-i18n-its-ig-request@w3.org [mailto:public-i18n-its-ig-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Felix Sasaki
Sent: Friday, April 24, 2009 4:21 AM
To: Julian Reschke
Cc: Henri Sivonen; Yves Savourel; ian@hixie.ch; public-i18n-its-ig@w3.org; public-html@w3.org
Subject: Re: Translation control in HTML5

2009/4/24 Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>

Felix Sasaki wrote:

   Also, the relation itself should be generic enough to be used with
   different formats, ITS being just one of them; thus I'd call it
   something like "translationrules".

Here I would disagree, since ITS rules may have other purposes than translation, see the table at
http://www.w3.org/TR/its/#datacategory-description
which are still relevant for localization scenarios.

Ack.

So how about "i18nrules" then?

Would be fine by me, though others might think it is important to encompass "localization" and "internationalization" in the name.

Felix

BR, Julian