Re: Datalist content model

From: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 13:05:53 +0200
Cc: HTMLWG WG <public-html@w3.org>
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>

On Oct 29, 2008, at 10:18, Ian Hickson wrote:

> On Sat, 6 Oct 2007, Henri Sivonen wrote:
>>
>> It seems to me that the content model of the datalist element is
>> not clearly
>> defined when datalist occurs as the child of the datagrid element.
>
> What is the ambiguity?

The ambiguity was this:
"Authors must only use empty option elements or elements that would be
allowed in the datalist  element's parent as children of datalist
elements."
...taken together with datagrid only allowing datalist when datalist
is the first child but generally allowing more stuff.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi