Re: <q> and transitioning forward

From: Philip TAYLOR (Ret'd) <P.Taylor@Rhul.Ac.Uk>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 14:51:58 +0000
To: Robert J Burns <rob@robburns.com>
CC: Sam Kuper <sam.kuper@uclmail.net>, HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>

Whilst we are whoops-ing, my sincere apologies
for introducing a red herring into Sam's original
example.  Sam had written :

> (A) In cases where the author has used constructions like <q>"(A quote.)"</q>,

which my browser had re-formatted during "Reply" as

> (A) In cases where the author has used constructions like <q>"(A
> quote.)"</q>,

In removing the line break, I accidentally retained
the citation chevron, leading to the very confusing
version that I later posted :

> <q>"(A > quote.)"</q>

Sincere apologies.
Philip TAYLOR