Re: <q>

On Oct 29, 2008, at 2:24 PM, Daniel Glazman wrote:

> Thomas Broyer wrote:
>
>> Er, which of the following is "correct"? (ok, no "redundancy" here,
>> but still)
>> or
>
> The latter.

I agree. The text inside the q element should reflect the text
actually quoted. The presentational idiom of having the quotation mark
kerned over the top or even outside the trailing punctuation is
something that should be handled at the presentational level.

I added a bit about that to the marks attribute wiki page[1].

Take care,
Rob

[1]: <http://esw.w3.org/topic/HTML/AddedAttributeQuotationMarks#head-b0bc97397b12215a701e42aa6dec3dc177d8de80