Re: <q>

From: Thomas Broyer <t.broyer@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 11:51:54 +0100
To: "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>
On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 11:25 AM, Olivier GENDRIN
<olivier.gendrin@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 10:52 AM, Ivan Enderlin <w3c@hoa-project.net> wrote:
>> In this way, there is no problem with authoring tool, UA etc.
>> The last problem (with this proposition) is : where inserting/writing quotes
>> ; inside or outside of <q> ? I propose inside because quotes are part of a
>> quote sentence (always in my humble opinion).
>
> Quotes are a wrapper for the quotation, wrappers are on the outside of
> what is wrapped...

+1

If you italicize the citation, the quotes shouldn't be in italics; at
least that how French works (even if some people, including some
well-known newspapers, don't follow this rule).
(English is tricky, because simple puncutation goes inside the quotes:
"I'm quoting 'something,' and then writing something else." vs. "Je
cite « quelque chose », et j'écris autre chose à la suite.")

--
Thomas Broyer