RE: HTML5 Specification - List of sections and corresponding work estimates

Thanks Ian,

It sounds like a good idea.

A couple of things come to mind: the scope of some of these may overlap
with existing initiatives within W3C. The WebApps Working Group [1]
comes to mind. The Graphics activity and the Forms working group are
other obvious examples where the scope of work within HTML5 has
occasionally crept into sometimes disputed territory.

Secondly, with regard to item 2 "Interaction events" , my concern is
that the range of events now relevant to web development (due to
presence of the web over mobile devices) has grown to include
multi-touch devices, accelerometers and more. The differentiation of
click from select or pan from drag has resulted in the independent
reinvention of certain proprietary solutions which could, in the long
run, prove antithetical to interoperability.  I understand that the
WebApps Working Group is considering such expanded concepts of
"interaction." If so then maybe that would be a place to which to
offload such work.

cheers
David

[1] http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/charter/