RE: <q>

From: Justin James <j_james@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 17:28:59 -0400
To: "'Lachlan Hunt'" <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>, "'Chris Wilson'" <Chris.Wilson@microsoft.com>
Cc: "'HTML WG'" <public-html@w3.org>

I feel VERY uncomfortable with the idea of an HTML element that specifies a particular presentation in a manner that only makes sense in certain languages (not every locale will have a quotation mark character, but authors will come to expect the <q> element to render it). If I am reading this idea wrong, please let me know!

J.Ja