Re: <q>

Chris Wilson wrote:
> I'd like to suggest a different strategy for <q>.  I'm not
> comfortable with a strategy that directly says you must break the
> only required rendering rule in HTML4.01 in order to be compliant
> with HTML5.  I believe we should pick one of the following options:
> 1) it should either be removed,

Even if we remove the element from the collection of conforming
elements, we still need to decide what to include in the rendering
section with regards to quotation marks.

We could make it non-conforming and either require it to be surrounded
with quotes (probably something simple like always using U+0022
QUOTATION MARK, or whatever browsers do if they vary for different
locales), or not rendering any quotes at all.

--
Lachlan Hunt - Opera Software
http://lachy.id.au/