table and meter : timeline, timesheet

From: Olivier GENDRIN <olivier.gendrin@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 18:35:04 +0200
To: public-html <public-html@w3.org>

Hi Working Group !

I wish to resubmit an idea that I emitted 9 month ago, buried in the
"Header cell in top left of data tables" thread [1][2][3].

than <th>, to allow to build timelines, timesheets or multi channel TV
programms without using hundreds of table cells.

A @Interval attribute would be needed on td, to be able to give one or
multiple intervals in the meter scale for one input. And overflow of
intervals should also be allowed inside <tr>.

Any advices about it ?

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2008Jan/0273.html
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2008Jan/0284.html
[3]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2008Jan/0290.html