W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html@w3.org > October 2008

Re: FYI PFWG F2F topics of potential interest

From: Al Gilman <Alfred.S.Gilman@IEEE.org>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 11:34:40 -0400
Message-Id: <382F5E23-E2DF-4183-AFFC-48496DE2B8F1@IEEE.org>
Cc: "HTML WG" <public-html@w3.org>, wai-liaison@w3.org
To: "Laura Carlson" <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>


On 1 Oct 2008, at 4:36 AM, Laura Carlson wrote:

>
> Hi Al,
>
>> PFWG will be considering the following topics in our F2F
>> meeting 20, 21 October 2008 at TPAC.
>
> Hi Al,
>
> Will the meetings afford the opportunity to attend via IRC/phone?

Barely.

<quote
cite="http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/meetings/tp2008#par">

Remote Participation

Remote participation is discouraged, aside from presenters reporting  
on action item assignments. We will use the usual IRC channel for  
managing agenda topics and action items only.  Those wishing to  
participate remotely by telephone should make specific arrangements  
with the chair in advance.

</quote>

The point about IRC is that the one-speak-at-a-time audio in the room  
is the communication medium of the meeting, not the digital chat.

On the other hand, the Wiki page at
http://esw.w3.org/topic/HTML/IssueTableHeaders

.. is a critical resource for our Tuesday session on "active HTML5  
issues."
This would satisfy the "reporting on action item" test for you.

Al

> Many of us are self-supporting, volunteer HTML WG members who can't
> afford the travel expense and/or time away from our other
> professional/personal obligations.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Best Regards,
> Laura
> -- 
> Laura L. Carlson
>
Received on Wednesday, 1 October 2008 15:37:01 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 9 May 2012 00:16:23 GMT