Re: An HTML language specification

From: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 09:32:25 +0200
Cc: Jim Jewett <jimjjewett@gmail.com>, HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>

On Nov 23, 2008, at 06:53, Ian Hickson wrote:

> Ignoring parts of a spec is far, far easier than
> piecing together multiple specs (I have learnt that through painful
> experience over the past few years).

This is also my experience when developing Validator.nu. I had no
trouble ignoring stuff that's irrelevant to Validator.nu (e.g. the API
parts of drag&drop) but there were some unclear things when trying to
form a coherent view of both HTML5 and WF2 when they were in separate
documents.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi