Re: Why "Platform Core" and "HTML5" are in the same spec

On Nov 21, 2008, at 3:28 PM, Nikunj Mehta wrote:

> I was signing up to edit the SQL language, the offline cache, which
> in my opinion is spec bloat (unnecessary sync algorithm and format)
> that misses a key primitive, and server-sent events, which also
> creates spec bloat (by defining a specific and limited format for
> events). All three pieces, especially the latter two, should be on
> the table.

I'm not sure it is a good idea to have an editor for offline cache and
server-sent events who believes the features should not exist or
should be completely redesigned. Both of these features have been
implemented in multiple browsers and have taken into account many
rounds of implementor feedback. So far as I can tell from feedback,
implementors are more or less happy with the basic design. So what you
propose sounds likely to be disruptive.

Regards,
Maciej