Re: An HTML language specification vs. a browser specification

On Nov 16, 2008, at 10:51 AM, Robert J Burns wrote:

> We have an editor who is extremely competent when it comes to
> browser behavior issues, but not so much when it comes to parsing
> and HTML vocabulary (markup and DOM).

Please provide supporting evidence for this claim or retract it. Many
have cited reasons to believe Ian Hickson is an expert on HTML
parsing. You have cited no reasons to believe the contrary, and yet
you keep saying the same thing over and over again. To repeatedly
impeach someone's credentials without backing is inappropriate and
rude. And in general, repeating a claim without evidence, in the face
of evidence to the contrary, is not an appropriate method of public
debate.

Regards,
Maciej