Re: An HTML language specification vs. a browser specification

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 11:56:24 -0500
To: Robert J Burns <rob@robburns.com>
CC: public-html@w3.org

Robert J Burns wrote:
> I didn't intend to cause such a reaction. I thought it was clear that
> the strengths of the current editor was in the area of browser behavior
> (and not so much parsing and certainly not HTML authoring vocabulary).

I will note that you have not answered the question Maciej and I raised.
  So again.  Who, in you opinion, is more qualified to address HTML parsing?

> TAG and others have wondered whether the work on HTML 5 could benefit
> from some division of labor and I simply wanted to suggest that those
> three areas would be a great way to modularize this effort.

The prerequisite to this (even if desirable, and I urge you to read
Ian's old posts about interdepencies before deciding whether it's
desirable) is finding editors.  Which comes back to the question of who
is qualified to edit.