Re: {minutes} HTML WG telcon 2008-11-13 - markup-spec discussion

From: Ben Millard <cerbera@projectcerbera.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 08:29:31 -0000
To: "Michael\(tm\) Smith" <mike@w3.org>
Cc: "HTMLWG" <public-html@w3.org>, "Aaron Leventhal" <aleventh@us.ibm.com>

>From these minutes:
> <DanC> (just briefly, who has the ball on headers?)
> <DanC> (the actions listed in
> <http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/20> seem stale. )
> <MikeSmith> Joshue: we are talking with PF about @headers and discussing
> how to move this along a little farther
> <DanC> (hmm... so it sounds like anybody/somebody/nobody has the ball.)

I will be comparing the Smart Headers algorithm to what's currently in the
spec and documenting the differences between them.

On Thursday 23rd November 2008:

BenMillard: [...] I think an Action item would be to document the diff
between the spec and Smart Headers algorithm

My words were more like "I'll take an Action item [to do this]" but that may
have been hard to hear.

Seems I don't have authority to Raise an Action for myself. When I go here
and supply my W3C credentials:

I get this message (sic):

Editing is restricted to participants to the HTML Weekly

If someone Raises the Action on my behalf then Tracker will better reflect
the current stage of work. Since my funding runs out on 1st December 2008,
that seems like a sensible deadline.

I'm treating this work as a priority because of that deadline and because
Gecko is somewhat interested in mapping HTML table header associations to
accessibility APIs:

Ben 'Cerbera' Millard