Re: Parsing problem with misnested tags

From: Philip TAYLOR <P.Taylor@Rhul.Ac.Uk>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 21:57:42 +0000
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
CC: HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>

Boris Zbarsky wrote:

> You're welcome to this personal perspective, as long as you realize that
> most web content is "/wrong/".

Perhaps.  What I find far more worrying (distressing ?)
is that HTML 5 will sanction that "wrongness", will
virtually give it a papal blessing.  I do wonder why
so many of us have wasted the last decade or more teaching
our students how to write HTML that is /not/ wrong,
and explaining to them why correctness is important.

But then I also care about proper grammar, punctuation,
spelling and so on, so I may as well just accept that
I am a dinosaur and wait to become extinct.

Philip TAYLOR