From: public-html-request@w3.org [mailto:public-html-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of Ivan Enderlin
Sent: Wednesday, May 14, 2008 11:46 AM
To: public-html
Subject: The input type="search" attribute, what's new ?

Hey folks,

There was previously a short discussion about the input type="search"
attribute value of Safari. I think, it's not a bad thing and should have
more importance.
So, here what I think :
      i. it allows to the cache operating system to interfere ;
     ii. it allows a better accessibility ; in fact, the search field is
a special field (the most used/needed ?) ;
    iii. allows a better comprehension by the lambda user because the
operating system should apply a special style (like Safari does).

I wonder if it should be a good idea to add this feature in the HTML 5
spec, no ?

Best regards.

--
Ivan Enderlin