Re: HTML4's profile="" attribute's absence in HTML5

(trimmed whatwg)

Karl Dubost wrote:
> Le 7 mai 2008 à 09:35, Ian Hickson a écrit :

> wrong.
> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/prrequest

As nearly as I could tell from their documents, they assume XHTML
rather than HTML.  If you really need valid XML, then a I suppose it
doesn't matter what HTML says; a different or even custom namespace
would work.  (And profile didn't even seem to be their recommended
method, though I'm not as sure on that.)

If you don't need completely valid documents, then adding an extra
"undefined" attribute isn't likely to cause problems.

Is profile used consistently enough across documents that it is worth
specifying any particular behavior?

-jJ