Re: HTML4's profile="" attribute's absence in HTML5

Le 7 mai 2008 à 10:56, Ian Hickson a écrit :
> On Wed, 7 May 2008, Karl Dubost wrote:
>>
>> Le 7 mai 2008 à 09:35, Ian Hickson a écrit :
>>
>> wrong.
>> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/prrequest
>
> GRDDL limiting itself to only apply to a subset of existing
> documents is a
> design decision that GRDDL has made, which is fine,

It works. (at the opposite of what you have written)

> but that shouldn't constrain the HTML5 design. HTML5 provides ways
> for GRDDL to hook into
> HTML5 (e.g. using <link rel="grrdl-profile">) if desired.

GRDDL constraint part of its design on HTML 4, not the opposite. The
profile attribute on HTML 5 does no harm whatsoever to implementations
in the wild.
Not. at. all. To the best of my knowledge, it doesn't lead to any
interoperability issues.
Keeping it and it benefits an indeed minority community and doesn't
harm anyone else.

> In practice it isn't at all clear that GRDDL is in any way relevant
> in the
> real world (much like almost anything related to RDF), and so it isn't
> really an important concern for the development of the HTML language.

/me still wonders what is the non-real world. Or our two realities
don't match completely.
"real world" is an opinion, not a technical argument. You have to come
up with better.

--
Karl Dubost - W3C
http://www.w3.org/QA/