Re: SVG and MathML in text/html

On 15 Mar 2008, at 15:16, Ben Boyle wrote:

> These things are authoring nightmares. Just don't do it. Consistency
> please!

You can't plain have consistency: you need to be inconsistent somewhere.

There are two options as I see it:

1) We remain consistent with SVG/MathML elsewhere, and require it to
be well-formed XML within HTML, and refuse to render them if they are
ill-formed.

2) We remain consistent with HTML, and have full non-draconian error-
handling.

The two are mutually exclusive. As we are dealing with HTML, I'd much
rather see HTML remain consistent (i.e., option 2) and not go against
the basic principles it relies on (e.g., not dying on an error).

--
Geoffrey Sneddon
<http://gsnedders.com/>