RE: Race conditions in HTML 5?

Hola,

Ian Hickson wrote:

> So do I; if you search the source of the document you'll find the
> occasional mention of a queue in the comments. I haven't figured
> out exactly where it should go yet but basically anything that
> waits for scripts to finish, including in particular event firing,
> callbacks, and timers, will use this queue.

A page-global execution queue could work as a solution, but will
require considerable specification, and probably need to allow some
HTML author control over execution order, if it's to be effective.

One can imagine without trouble an web application author wanting
e.g. the event-source script to execute (retrieving data) before
the application cache script (saving application state locally),
but the <html> cache manifest would of course appear first in the
HTML file.

Following [1] and [2], is this something that I should file as an
issue in Bugzilla or Issue Tracker?  Or the wiki?

I must agree with Laura Carlson, a clear explanation of the issue
tracking process would be a great help.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2008Jun/0140.html
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2008Jun/0145.html

grącies,