Re: SVGWG SVG-in-HTML proposal (Was: ISSUE-41: Decentralized extensibility)

On Jul 29, 2008, at 14:38, Ian Hickson wrote:

> Evidence suggests that they cause great author confusion (e.g. [1]).
[...]
> [1] "As the author of an O'Reilly book on XForms, I can report that
> 90% of
> the technical questions from readers involve confusion related to
> namespaces."
>  -- http://www.w3.org/2004/04/webapps-cdf-ws/papers/verity.html

It seems that authors are confused by the freedom to choose the prefix
and by the layer of indirection.

This might be just a random question:

But someone thought it would merit a Q&A in an XML.com article:
http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2003/10/08/qanda.html

Looks like micromanaging the prefix was worth a section in .Net
documentation:

Seems to cause bugs, too:
http://dev.ctor.org/soap4r/ticket/179
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=454391&aid=924041&group_id=48863