Re: ISSUE-37: RE: SVG in HTML proposal

From: Jeff Schiller <codedread@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 18:43:57 -0500
To: "Chris Wilson" <Chris.Wilson@microsoft.com>
Cc: "Henri Sivonen" <hsivonen@iki.fi>, "HTML WG" <public-html@w3.org>, www-svg <www-svg@w3.org>
Chris,

Can you clarify what you mean, exactly?

My understanding is that the DOM should be no different than it is in
SVG-in-XHTML.  That is:

   <svg id='svg1'...>... </svg>

DOM node 'svg1' has a parent node of the HTML:body node, regardless of the
serialization.  The namespace of the SVG nodes in the DOM are in the SVG
namespace, etc.

Regards,
Jeff