Re: [author-guide] Character Entity References Chart

On 20 Jul 2008, at 15:05, Julian Reschke wrote:

> Geoffrey Sneddon wrote:
>> I guess part of the problem is that HTML 5 adds new entities (the
>> MathML ones), which would make it impossible to have as a
>> conforming HTML 4.01 file. I assume you intend to add the MathML
>> ones to the document, Lachlan?
>
> Sorry?
>
> You can express all Unicode characters in HTML 4.01 as well
> (potentially not using the entity names, but that's not really
> relevant for the document, right?).

Yeah, I'm not awake at 3PM sometimes. It takes a long time for me to
wake up and get sense into myself at times. I realised before I read
your email that you could, of course, use numeric character references
to refer to characters without a named character reference. Silliness
comes in odd ways at times. :)

--
Geoffrey Sneddon
<http://gsnedders.com/>