Re: Workers

On Sun, 20 Jul 2008, Andrew Fedoniouk wrote:

> But intention is to isolate Worker from the Document and rest of the
> DOM, correct?

No, the intention is to isolate the script running inside the worker from
the Document object, not to isolate the actualy implementation.

> It appears as I am getting term "browsing context" wrong.
> Is it something that can be expressed in terms of formal interface definition
> like:
>    interface BrowsingCtx { ... }
> or is it some abstraction behind the scene?

A browsing context is basically a tab or window or iframe.

> I think that term 'thread' shall be used in the specification instead of
> "completely separate and parallel execution environment".

It was suggested that using the term "thread" would imply state sharing,
since most threading mechanisms do indeed share state. Here it's more like
a separate process than a separate thread.