Re: Workers

From: Andrew Fedoniouk <news@terrainformatica.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2008 20:32:41 -0700
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
CC: public-html@w3.org

Ian Hickson wrote:

> Based on popular demand (and threats that without a spec implementations
> would proceed regardless) I have started collecting use cases and
> requirements for a specification for background worker scripts ("threads")
> in JavaScript:
>
>    http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-workers/current-work/#requirements
>
> Any feedback would be greately appreciated, especially from authors
> involved in large Web applications who would make significant use of such
> a feature, and from implementors of browsers that may support this.

Ian, as far as I understand that is primarily about network
communications? If yes then what is conceptually wrong
with asynchronous http data requests (a.k.a. AJAX) we have now?

If it is about coroutine alike things then 'yield' feature in
JS probably will be enough, no?

To be short what is the motivation of js-threads?

--
Andrew Fedoniouk.

http://terrainformatica.com