Re: Why Microsoft's authoritative=true won't work and is a bad idea

From: Leif Halvard Silli <lhs@malform.no>
Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2008 13:13:17 +0200
To: Sam Ruby <rubys@us.ibm.com>

Sam Ruby 2008-07-06 05.51:

> Simply put, I'm not seeing the "status quo" that you describe here.  Since
> we seem to be so far apart here, let me put in in the form of a question.
> Considering the following content:
>
> http://feedvalidator.org/testcases/atom/1.1/brief-noerror.xml
>
> When I visit that page, I would like the text "No errors should be produced
> by the minimal feed" to be visible.  I've read the spec.  I've tried
> various combinations of content-type parameters.  I've gotten it to work
> with Opera 9.50, but have failed to find any combination of values to place
> in the content-type parameter that works with IE 7.0.5730.13, Firefox 3.0,
> or Safari 3.1.2.

FWIW, on Mac OS X, Safari 3.1.2 treats that test case like you
describe Opera 9.5 doing it. I can also add Opera Mini 4.1 to the
same lot. And WebKit on my Symbian powered mobile phone offered to
download the page an opene it in a text editor.

So perhaps you described the Safari on Windows behaviour?
--
leif halvard silli