[WF2] new attributes that often conflict with actual pages

From: Hallvord R. M. Steen <hallvord@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 14:31:15 +0100
To: "public-html list" <public-html@w3.org>

Hi,
I've seen these new attributes cause problems for real-life websites. I
think we shold discuss re-naming them to make conflicts with existing
content less likely:

INPUT action
  - breaks web applications frequently. Both GMail and Yahoo mail (the new
Oddpost-based version) use input/button.action and were seriously broken
by WF2's action attribute.
I propose renaming it "actionurl".

SELECT data
FORM data

These break
a) scripts that set them, read them back and are confused because they
turned into resolved URLs
b) scripts that define global functions called data and try to call them
with a SELECT or FORM element in scope (for example from event handlers)

I propose renaming it "dataurl"

--
Hallvord R. M. Steen
Core QA JavaScript tester, Opera Software