Re: Marking Up Poetry (Was: Conformance of DL Groups Missing DT or DD)

From: Peter Krantz <peter.krantz@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 10:29:43 +0100
To: public-html@w3.org

>  I'm not sure that is a sufficient reason to bloat HTML with
>  domain-specific mark-up (in particular: as well as letters and poems
>  what else at that level of granularity would be needed for this to
>  work?;

Please see the discussion on RDFa which is suitable for
domain-specific markup: http://esw.w3.org/topic/HTML/PoeticSemantics

With RDFa you can create your own vocabulary (if none exists for
poetry) and extend other's if you need more detail.

HTML itself will never be able to incorporate elements with explicit
semantics for all domains.

Regards,

Peter Krantz