Re: Forms TF Process

Hi Anne,

Ok. But hopefully now we're all up to speed on what has been going on
over on the XForms side. This should help you in your own decisions as
to whether you now want to 'go it alone', or try to pick up the
discussions we had before.

Speaking for myself, I don't see a strong case either way. I'm keen to
see XForms relate much more directly to 'traditional' HTML forms, so
that authors and implementers have a natural path from one to the
other. But whether that should encompass HTML 5 Forms I'm less certain
of--one could argue it both ways.

(The 'for' is that it would of course be good if the W3C had a
coherent and consistent forms vision. But the 'against' is that the
design goals of HTML 5 seem to be quite different to the approach
being taken with language modularisation, illustrated by such things
as @role, RDFa, and now XForms, that this may simply not be possible.)

I would suggest that the next step is for the XForms WG to get out a
draft of some of these ideas, and then you guys can take a look and
see if it works for you.

Regards,

Mark

--
  Mark Birbeck

  mark.birbeck@x-port.net | +44 (0) 20 7689 9232
  http://www.x-port.net | http://internet-apps.blogspot.com

  x-port.net Ltd. is registered in England and Wales, number 03730711
  The registered office is at:

    2nd Floor
    Titchfield House
    69-85 Tabernacle Street