Re: Forms TF Process

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 12:19:33 +0100
To: "Mark Birbeck" <mark.birbeck@x-port.net>
Cc: "HTML WG" <public-html@w3.org>, www-forms@w3.org

On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 18:20:10 +0100, Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@x-port.net>
wrote:
> I don't think we need to load every discussion with statements like this:
>
>   though it seems that our collegues (sic) in the Forms WG have lost
>   interest...
>
> I assume it's obvious that this cuts both ways?

To be honest, I'm not really sure what I could've done more. I've set up
the website and created the charter. As I mentioned in the teleconference
I wasn't really sure how XForms could just replace HTML Forms given how
incompatible it was, not just in syntax, but also in the way it works. I
believe I also mentioned that I expected input on how they could integrate
to mostly come from the Forms WG, but that hasn't come.

The HTML WG (and also the WHATWG) meanwhile has been waiting with working
on any HTML Form related work waiting on feedback from the Forms TF. Hence
my e-mail to indicate that we might want to start working on HTML Forms
work again as the Forms TF doesn't make progress at this point.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>