Re6: Why authors are using Transitional (and target="_blank")

From: Glenn A. Bookout <gabookout@barefootdigital.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 20:35:16 -0800
To: public-html@w3.org
Howdy:

On Feb 13, 2008, at 2:57 PM, Marghanita da Cruz wrote:

> I would also add that authors should be aware
> that navigation back to their site from the new page isn't possible,
> or at least
> not in the browsers I use.
    Since the original window is still there, there is no need to
navigate back to to it.

    FWIW:  We recommend target="_blank" for most external links since,
as people wander off to other sites, they tend to get immersed in
finding new things and may not even be able to find their way back 20
or so "back" clicks later.  Closing windows still leaves the original
site easily available.

Glenn