Re: Why authors are using Transitional (and target="_blank")

On 2/13/08, Marghanita da Cruz <marghanita@ramin.com.au> wrote:
> In the early days (circa 1996), there was an imperative to use "target=_top" to
> avoid issues with the use of frames to surround other people's content with your
> advertising. News organisations in particular did not like this.

This is also required for links within iframes/objects that contains
HTML (menus, for instance).

I also find it interesting that Google Adsense uses target="_blank"
all over the place... Again, do we know the reason why "_blank" was
made non-conforming?

Thanks,
Jeff