outerHTML/insertAdjecentHTML in XML mode

From: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 13:40:26 -0800
To: "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>

Hi All,

Is there a reason to not allow outerHTML and insertAdjecentHTML in XML
serialized HTML documents?

It seems to me like the cost of supporting them is minimal given that
almost all (if not all) the code will exist since innerHTML is supported
anyway. And it's nice to be consistent across XML and HTML modes.

There's also the argument that if outerHTML/insertAdjecentHTML is
popular enough that we're adding them to HTML, why would they be less
popular in XML serialized documents?

/ Jonas