Editors (was Re: @headers issue resolved...)

From: Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 16:04:58 -0500
To: "Julian Reschke" <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, "Chris Wilson" <Chris.Wilson@microsoft.com>
Cc: "Henri Sivonen" <hsivonen@iki.fi>, "James Graham" <jg307@cam.ac.uk>, "Steven Faulkner" <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>, "HTML WG" <public-html@w3.org>

Julian wrote [1]:

> Anyway, if each feedback loop takes two years we have a serious problem
> that we need to fix, for instance by installing more editors (or
> encouraging the second editor to actually do editorial work).

Yes, something to keep in mind is that the working group decision on
editors was for two editors[2] not one.  Ian was supposed to be an
editor. Dave Hyatt was supposed to be an editor.

In April 2007 regarding his nomination as co-editor, Dave wrote [3] to
Dan on public-html:
> I can assure you that my perspective will not be identical to Ian's.

Back in November 2007 Gregory asked:
> and i am concerned that dave hyatt is a semi-mythical being...  when
> will he speak for himself on list, let alone participate in HTML WG
> teleconferences?

To that Dave replied  [4]:
> I will have more time to participate now that Leopard has shipped.

Dave has posted 46 times to public-html [5]. The last one was over
five months ago on March 10.

Best Regards,
Laura

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2008Aug/0959.html
[2] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/htmlbg/results#xhtml5eds
[3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2007Apr/1358.html
[4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2007Nov/0035.html
[5] http://www.w3.org/Search/Mail/Public/advanced_search?keywords=&hdr-1-namesubject&hdr-1-query=&hdr-2-name=from&hdr-2-query=hyatt%40apple.com&hdr-3-name=messageid&hdr-3-query=&period_month=&period_year=&index-grp=Public__FULL&index-type=t&type-index=public-html&resultsperpage=100&sortby=date