RE: Extensibility strategies, was: Deciding in public (Was: SVGWG SVG-in-HTML proposal)

From: Justin James <j_james@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2008 02:53:32 -0400
To: "'Julian Reschke'" <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, "'Ian Hickson'" <ian@hixie.ch>
Cc: "'Sam Ruby'" <rubys@us.ibm.com>, "'HTML WG'" <public-html@w3.org>

Would using an URI trigger any other behavior, like downloading something from that URI and taking action upon it? Not saying it *should*, just curious if the proposal does that or not.

> Anyway: if this is a serious suggestion, we should discuss adding
> advice
> to HTML5 telling people that if they choose a URI as class name, they
> need to be sure that they have the authority to use it.

Depends on the wording, what if I want to use a 3rd party item (like the external JavaScript libraries calling third-party controls)?

J.Ja