Re: Deciding in public (Was: SVGWG SVG-in-HTML proposal)

Hi Sam,

> My opinion is that there one change that would make this process stronger
> is if there were a clear escallation path for cases such as these.

There are a number avenues:

Tracker is a HTML Working Group issue, action and resolution tracking
tool. More information:
http://esw.w3.org/topic/HTML
The Chairs recently refined the Tracker definitions:
http://esw.w3.org/topic/HTML#head-47c0b55d661dcf93f76d586ddbe292c9abc597e4

Buzilla, "is used to keep track of proposals and bugs. "Anyone from
the wider public can raise issues in the bugzilla -- not just members
of the HTML WG nor people who have set up W3C accounts, with the
guarantee that both the (co-chair) and the HTML5 editor will see them,
and that the editor will add them to his queue of issues to respond
to."
http://esw.w3.org/topic/HTML/EmailLists#head-f7db248fc494b266bf47bc2714da5f39ef08e2cf

WAI-XTECH is the Protocols and Formats Working Group's wai-xtech
mailing list  for ensuring accessibility considerations are taken into
account in all specifications produced by the W3C. The process for
involving PF in accessibility issues in HTML5 is outlined in Judy
Brewer's May 24, 2007 email. It is also detailed at the Paciello Group
Blog.
http://esw.w3.org/topic/HTML/EmailLists#head-f7db248fc494b266bf47bc2714da5f39ef08e2cf

HTML WG a number of Lists for for HTML Working Group business,
proposals and issues.
http://esw.w3.org/topic/HTML/EmailLists

Best Regards,
Laura