Re: Deciding in public (Was: SVGWG SVG-in-HTML proposal)

From: Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 06:31:02 -0500
To: "Sam Ruby" <rubys@us.ibm.com>, James <j_james@mindspring.com>
Cc: "HTML WG" <public-html@w3.org>

Hi Sam and Justin,

Justin wrote:

> I joined this group in the hopes of having the chance to reverse the course
> of HTML 5, which when I read the initial public draft, I was absolutely
> appalled by.

I would encourage you both to bring your concerns to a Teleconference
[1] and try to get a Tracker issue [2] RAISED, OPENED and maybe an
ACTION assigned to move it to the PENDINGREVIEW stage where you can
suggest "a consensus action that requires WG and/or chair review; this
may prompt the WG chairs to estimate the level of consensus and put a
question to the WG in order to resolve the issue." [3]

Best Regards,
Laura

[1] http://esw.w3.org/topic/HTML/Teleconferences
[2] http://esw.w3.org/topic/HTML#head-b1c997dd7648a369f4639d079c027d819abbecc4