Re: Exploring new vocabularies for HTML

From: <juan@canonicalscience.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 03:58:46 -0700 (PDT)
To: <public-html@w3.org>, <www-math@w3.org>

In my message of April 8 I wrote one point about MathML performance issues
with one popular browser.

April 14.

I have been discussing about this off-list and it has been confirmed by
Luca Padovani that an example file takes him about 7 minutes to load it in
Firefox 2. Boris Zbarsky confirms that it takes a long time to load in
Firefox 2 in his machine [1].

Boris has also confirmed [1] the same file takes about 5 seconds to load
in the last Firefox 3 beta. Since users will update to next FF 3.0 before
HTML5 was ready, the current performance issues may be not taken into
account by the HTML5 group.

[1] Boris Zbarsky: personal communication.

Juan R. González-Álvarez

Center for CANONICAL |SCIENCE)