Re: Markup for names

From: Olivier GENDRIN <olivier.gendrin@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 09:37:07 +0200
To: "Ian Hickson" <ian@hixie.ch>
Cc: "Ca Phun Ung" <caphun@yelotofu.com>, "HTML WG Public List" <public-html@w3.org>

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 7:11 PM, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:
>  So the question is, is it worth adding a <name> element for this use case?
>  (Maybe, given that the target audience would be primarily chinese and
>  japanese, we should use a chinese or japanese word for the element name?

I realise that french familly names were often build from
occupationale, physical or geographical caracteristics ('le grand'
means 'the tall', 'boulanger' means 'baker', 'du jardin' 'from the
garden'...). Such a tag name could be usefull for stranger who are
learning and reading french texts...

>  Or maybe the <u> element should be repurposed for names?)

And so all the <u>nderlined text would become names ?

--
Olivier G.
http://www.lespacedunmatin.info/blog/