Re: Feedback on "Offline Web Applications" (Editor's Draft 17 November 2007)

From: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 16:25:41 -0700
Cc: Chris Wilson <Chris.Wilson@microsoft.com>, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>

On Apr 22, 2008, at 4:08 PM, Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 22:28:30 +0200, Chris Wilson <Chris.Wilson@microsoft.com
> > wrote:
>> Out of curiousity, why does this draft refer to the SQL API but not
>> the storage interface?  Is storage not also a solution to local
>> data storage?
>
> It is. I think it was because these features (SQL and offline) were
> specifically introduced for offline Web applications.
>
> I suppose we could add another section covering that. What do people
> think?

If I recall correctly, the original motivation for this document was
to enable wider review of the SQL and offline app features. I think
covering other related features (storage, navigator.onLine, online/
offline events) would make it more useful to a wider audience, so it
seems like a helpful thing to do.

Regards,
Maciej