Re: New issue: IMG section of HTML5 draft contradicts WCAG 1 & WCAG 2 (draft)

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 19:21:05 +0000 (UTC)
To: Al Gilman <Alfred.S.Gilman@ieee.org>
Cc: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>, Steven Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>, HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>, "Michael(tm) Smith" <mike@w3.org>, "Gregory J. Rosmaita" <oedipus@hicom.net>, wai-xtech@w3.org, public html for all <list@html4all.org>

On Mon, 14 Apr 2008, Al Gilman wrote:

> I think that you can take my statement that "the editor has not
> addressed what we told you already" as authoritative.

If I haven't replied to an e-mail sent prior to this e-mail:

    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2008Apr/0220.html

Please let me know. I thought I had dealt with all feedback prior to that
point.

If there is feedback after that point that introduces new ideas that I
haven't replied to, please let me know as well. I haven't replied to all
messages after that point because most of them are merely reiterating the
same arguments over and over (including my own e-mails!).

Regarding:

   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2008Feb/0082.html

...I did carefully read this message the spec has changed to take into
account that feedback. However, that e-mail was rather vague and it wasn't
at all clear to me exactly what was desired. (The strange pseudo-XML was
somewhat confusing too. I wasn't sure exactly what I was supposed to do.)
It does not appear that I sent an explicit reply to this e-mail,
presumably because of my confusion when reading it. I expect I dealt with
it while writing the first e-mail cited above.

If there is some more concrete feedback that I should deal with, I would
encourage you to send it.

Cheers,