Re: alt and authoring practices

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 13:29:12 +0200
To: "Steven Faulkner" <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
Cc: "James Graham" <jg307@cam.ac.uk>, public-html@w3.org, wai-xtech@w3.org, wai-liaison@w3.org

On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 13:23:06 +0200, Steven Faulkner
<faulkner.steve@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't quite follow the logic, but that is probably due to my
> incapacity to understand, but I am pretty sure you are making a
> worthwhile point and will cogitate on it further.
>
>> With nobody having data of usage on the Web the position of the editor
>> seems more reasonable to me.
>
> And that is your prerogative as a member of the working group, I
> myself do not place faith in the editor as being all seeing and all
> knowing in the absence of data.

If my reasoning is correct the position of the editor is supported by
logic which is why his point seems more correct to me. Not because he's
the editor.

(You assume a minority case is likely to occur more often and the editor
assumes a majority case is likely to occur more often.)

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>