Re: [html4all] several messages about alt

From: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 10:46:25 +0300
To: John Foliot <foliot@wats.ca>
Cc: "'HTML4All'" <list@html4all.org>, "'W3C WAI-XTECH'" <wai-xtech@w3.org>, "'HTML WG'" <public-html@w3.org>

On Apr 15, 2008, at 02:23, John Foliot wrote:
> Henri Sivonen wrote:
>> ...no matter how you try to spin it, in the real world, pushing
>> the pixels to the Web is the primary function--getting the alt text
>> out there is not the primary function
>
> And herein lies the flaw in your reasoning.

I think it isn't worthwhile for me to address your other points when
it seems you don't believe that the primary functions on a camera and
a photo hosting service are capturing pixels and hosting them
respectively.

As for social engineering, if you cannot acknowledge what the people
whose behavior you are trying to modify are seeking to do without your
intervention, you can't develop successful social engineering
strategies except by accident.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi